Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t8er8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Quebec, Canada
So, with fortnite being the big craze right now, I was hoping with the metal support I get from my rx 560 I could get fortnite working natively. But im getting crashes on the load up screen. I was wondering if anyone else has similar issues with fortnite on their Mac Pro 5,1 or if it works for them, the crash I’m getting is a render pipeline fatal error and apparently I’m missing files too. Thanks

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
re-install? i got it working on my 4.1 flashed to 5.1 with 580. very laggy at first but the more i play the less lag? i guess something wasn't caching properly at first.

t8er8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Quebec, Canada
re-install? i got it working on my 4.1 flashed to 5.1 with 580. very laggy at first but the more i play the less lag? i guess something wasn't caching properly at first.
Yeah I’ve tried plenty of things I’m just trying to fine people who’ve encountered the issue too and see what they’ve done about it

Tokaji_909

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2017
Also I`m in a bit different situation, because I`m using a RX Vega 64 and a HD5770 in my cMP 5.1 it works on both cards.
Sure the HD5770 doesn't have that much Power as the RX andI have to play it on LOW Settings, while I can go up highest with the Vega.
On both Cards I fetch the setting with automatic and both works fine...

Do you have bootcamp installed?

t8er8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Quebec, Canada
Also I`m in a bit different situation, because I`m using a RX Vega 64 and a HD5770 in my cMP 5.1 it works on both cards.
Sure the HD5770 doesn't have that much Power as the RX andI have to play it on LOW Settings, while I can go up highest with the Vega.
On both Cards I fetch the setting with automatic and both works fine...

Do you have bootcamp installed?
Nah I’m sure it works great with boot camp but I’m tryna stay on Mac OS

Tokaji_909

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2017
Nah I’m sure it works great with boot camp but I’m tryna stay on Mac OS
Just to clarify: I used to play it under MacOs with the above settings, not under Bootcamp.

I only asked for bootcamp because I thought it might be an Option to try it out there and see if it is working there ;)

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
So, with fortnite being the big craze right now, I was hoping with the metal support I get from my rx 560 I could get fortnite working natively. But im getting crashes on the load up screen. I was wondering if anyone else has similar issues with fortnite on their Mac Pro 5,1 or if it works for them, the crash I’m getting is a render pipeline fatal error and apparently I’m missing files too. Thanks

I don't know anything about Fortnite specifically, but if you are getting some kind of error about missing files, I'd reinstall the application first.

If that didn't work, then I'd boot into the recovery partition and do the type of install that reinstalls all system files but leaves your applications, settings, document intact--can't remember what that option is called. Make sure you have a backup first.

If that doesn't work, then as a test I'd try a fresh MacOS install on a spare drive and see if that fixes the problem.

Reactions: owbp and t8er8

owbp

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2016
Belgrade, Serbia
boot into the recovery partition and do the type of install that reinstalls all system files but leaves your applications, settings, document intact--can't remember what that option is called

Just a regular Install macOS but without prior erase of the disk. It will leave all your files and apps in place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.