Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Has anybody got general recommendations for a general purpose/gaming keyboard
for a MacPro Desk top ?

jerwin

Suspended
Jun 13, 2015
I have a cheap DSI keyboard with Cherry MX Red keycaps. In some respects, it's a great keyboard. In others? Let's just say that I haven't gotten the keyboard repeat rate correctly dialed in, and this plays havoc with passwords....

Pangalactic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2016
Has anybody got general recommendations for a general purpose/gaming keyboard
for a MacPro Desk top ?

I like Razer's keyboards. They are not very expensive, quite customizable, and RGB is always fun.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I like Razer's keyboards. They are not very expensive, quite customizable, and RGB is always fun.

Thanks, I will take a look but I do not like the Synaps software, caused me problems with
the last Razer mouse I had. I just could not at the time remove all traces of it from my machine.
[automerge]1591561722[/automerge]
I have a cheap DSI keyboard with Cherry MX Red keycaps. In some respects, it's a great keyboard. In others? Let's just say that I haven't gotten the keyboard repeat rate correctly dialed in, and this plays havoc with passwords....
Seems it is only available in the US, thanks though still on my list.

Pangalactic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2016
Thanks, I will take a look but I do not like the Synaps software, caused me problems with
the last Razer mouse I had. I just could not at the time remove all traces of it from my machine.

I actually have both a Razer mouse and a keyboard, and for me it's very convenient. You can set the DPI, customize the buttons, the lighting, and so on. Didn't really run into any software issues so far.

Reactions: Washac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.