Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sil3nc3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I am new here, and need some help. I am currently on a G4 PPC, and am interested on upgrading, but am unsure whether to go for an iMac or a Mac Pro, And whether to get Parallels or Fusion

I know an iMac is much cheaper than a Mac Pro for what's in the box, but a Mac Pro can be continuously updated with new Video Cards. Would it be better to get a High-End iMac, or a Low-End Mac Pro, and update accordingly in months/years to come?

The main reason I'm posting here is because I want to play UT3 when it is released, but I also want to get into map editing and such. And because there is no Mac editor, I have to get the PC version. Which leads to whether I should get Parallels or Fusion. Also, if I were to install a Ageia PhysX card, would Parallels/Fusion recognize it? Will OS X?

HELP PLEASE

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
1. Mac Pro
2. Use a native installation and not a virtual machine
3. The Ageia PhysX card would have to be the PCI-Express version and it would only work in Windows

sil3nc3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I want to be able to do editing, which means that i will need the editor, photoshop, and other apps side by side.

sil3nc3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I would rather a mac editor, but it hasn't been confirmed in any shape or form yet :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.