Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drakula

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
Hey everyone -- here's a bug I've noticed back to 17.2. It seems that any music I've uploaded in MP3 format (I have a number of official concerts I've downloaded from nugs.net as well as albums that weren't available in Apple Music). It seems that if you listen to them on any device there are now gaps between the songs as opposed to prior to 17.2 where the songs would playback gaplessly. I've tried converting one of the albums from Flac to .m4a and they will playback fine but it's far too complicated to go back and do this with ALL my albums I've uploaded. Has anyone else experienced this?

crookadile

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2013
Rotherham South Yorkshire UK
Yes I am experiencing the same. I have sent feedback to Apple during all the beta’s but it still isn’t fixed. The only way to make them gapless is converting to m4a which is pain to do do if you have a lot of gapless Albums. FYI this bug also occurred in iOS 15.4 but eventually got fixed only to be broken again in iOS 16.2, got fixed and broken again in iOS 17.

Last edited:

drakula

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
I also sent feedback in a couple of times in 17.2. It's very disheartening when a feature just breaks all of a sudden and isn't fixed. Especially something like this which I don't understand how it keeps breaking.

drakula

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
Yes I am experiencing the same. I have sent feedback to Apple during all the beta’s but it still isn’t fixed. The only way to make them gapless is converting to m4a which is pain to do do if you have a lot of gapless Albums. FYI this bug also occurred in iOS 15.4 but eventually got fixed only to be broken again in iOS 16.2, got fixed and broken again in iOS 17.
Will you be installing the 17.4 beta when it drops? Would be curious to know if this fixes it.

drakula

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
Does anyone know if this has been fixed in the 17.5 beta?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.