Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I have a MBP (mid 2012) i7/16g mem - running Mojave 10.14.6 and Garageband 10.3.5

Works fine - it should install automatically with Mojave

Pianoworldstage

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Great news.. thank you.

In addition I've looked in Garageband support but can't seem to find the size of its full sample library, any idea where that can be found? Someone quoted 32G, not sure if thats correct?

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
I have heard that too 32g for Loops, but that said - here is what I found on my drive

I don't know if I am missing some files / folders

Library - Apple Loops - 2.2 g
Library - Application Support - 1.8 g

Pianoworldstage

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Yes the application support holds very little drive space, but the full GB sample library still can't be recognised in its support document, has to be somewhere ??

Black Baron

Suspended
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
10.3.5 is the newest. should work
I tested 10.3.4 and version 10.3.5. It doesn't work properly on my OS X High Sierra puter.

I still use 10.2.

v10.3.4 and v10.3.5 caused GB to steadily download additional files again and again every time I open the same GB file. Donno what that is for in v10.3.4 / v10.3.5 and furthermore some instruments are missing that are not missing in v10.2.

This said, back to 10.2 on OS X High Sierra without "Dune" on my desktop.

Black Baron

Suspended
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
I bought Logic Pro X, everything solved.
I prefer a slick clean interface without too many music knobs and switches. I want to conentrate on music and less software that's why I use GB. I only test software which is TIME CONSUMING ENOUGH, and in most cases, after the
next Update and Security and OS X and iOS and app updates. You start all over beta testing again. Time interval
nowadays is 1 month.

Developers and software companies don't pay beta testers, I no longer buy software since the end of Adobe GoLive CS2.

That's my opinion.

Regards,

BLACK BARON
Design / Photo / Art / Music

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.