Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I was able to sync it this morning by rebooting my watch and the iPhone but it won't sync now. I am considering pairing my watch with my old iPhone 6 running 12.4.8 as a temporary workaround. It is possible that Garmin Connect was broken by iOS 13.6 security fixes in which case it would likely be broken on iOS 12.4.8 as well (I upgraded last night). So one of the minor pains in upgrading.

Update: rebooting the iPhone gets the sync to working again but that's not a viable solution.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I ran updates with Garmin Express and all seems to be fine now. Bluetooth sync seems to take longer but I can't tell if that's Garmin or Apple and I now have sync and charging set up on my PC so it will just sync over USB when I charge.

5KDan

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2017
Michigan
Garmin Connect doesn’t immediately connect to my watch (Forerunner 645) when I open the app, and I don’t recall that being the case before I updated to iOS 13.6. It does seem to sync periodically in the background, though.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Garmin Connect doesn’t immediately connect to my watch (Forerunner 645) when I open the app, and I don’t recall that being the case before I updated to iOS 13.6. It does seem to sync periodically in the background, though.

Sometimes it does, sometimes you have to pull or hit the blue circle. But I had trouble connecting or syncing. It would start, make some progress and then just sit there. All is well now.

Reactions: 5KDan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.