Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vothic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
For many years I would sell my old iPhone through Gazelle when the new model came out. Because I plan to resell my phone each year I take good care of it (screen protector, case, careful handing) and have never had an issue with getting less than the quoted price for ‘perfect’ or whenever the best condition for phones is.

This year when my 14 Pro in there were no scratches, scuffs, etc. However, this morning I got an email from Gazelle saying the price would be about a hundred dollars less stating “Scratches, we found that the the device has more than the acceptable amount of scratches”. I’ll take the amount they offer as it is easier than trying to get the phone back and sell it someplace else but I was surprised by the whole thing. The phone was as pristine as ever yet they claim it has too many scratches.…when in fact it had none.

Has anybody else had a similar experience with Gazelle? Again, not so much the decreased amount of payment but the claim that the phone is scratched which bothers me. If they said “we changed our mind, we are giving you $X.XX instead of $Y.YY it is what it is but it seems shady to claim the phone was scratched….

Next year I will probably use another company but it is too bad as I have been totally satisfied with them for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.