Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Latinking25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2015
Just thought I'd share a geekbench I took on my 6s running iOS 10 beta 1. I turned off reduce motion since it made my phone really buggy and now I can really feel the speed of this beta. Way less crashes actually descent battery life, takes forever for my phone to die. Some apps aren't optimized for iOS 10 yet but mostly the majority of them work just fine

Attachments

• IMG_3421.PNG
    IMG_3421.PNG
    86.9 KB · Views: 227

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Wonder why mine is lower
There's always a bit of variation depending on if your phone is doing any background tasks, how hot it is, etc. The difference isn't significant. Didn't actually meant to quote you lol, but then saw your text served well enough as a header for mine :D

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Wonder why mine is lower
There's margin of error first of all because of dynamic clock speeds and such processor features. Also, thermal throttling will come into play in more extreme ambient conditions. You can consider your result identical and well within margin of error.

Latinking25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2015
Its off by default, do you mean you turned this on?
Well I had reduce motion on but I saw somewhere on Reddit about making it slower and buggy on iOS 10 so I turned it off and it's made a big difference in speed and way less buggy

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Being a hardware test geekbench scores should be roughly the same if not then it will need an app optimized for iOS 10 which I'm sure is coming anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.