Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoShoreGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Does anyone have a suggestion, I used Geektool to display month, day, time....on my desktop, but since downloading Sierra it doesn't work anymore, says it doesn't support it. Any suggestions what to use now???

Thanks!
Dan

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Does anyone have a suggestion, I used Geektool to display month, day, time....on my desktop, but since downloading Sierra it doesn't work anymore, says it doesn't support it. Any suggestions what to use now???

Thanks!
Dan

GeekTool works with Sierra... been running it all along with the Sierra beta releases. I am running version 3.3.1, and it's great - solid, stable, etc.

https://www.tynsoe.org/v2/geektool/

NoShoreGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
GeekTool works with Sierra... been running it all along with the Sierra beta releases. I am running version 3.3.1, and it's great - solid, stable, etc.

https://www.tynsoe.org/v2/geektool/
I downloaded this, it worked for 2 seconds, then when I clicked on the icon it said cannot open???? Any suggestions???

Thanks!
Dan
[doublepost=1477421869][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1477421990][/doublepost]
I'd recommend giving Übersicht a try.
Tried it couldn't get it to work....

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I downloaded this, it worked for 2 seconds, then when I clicked on the icon it said cannot open???? Any suggestions???

Thanks!
Dan
[doublepost=1477421869][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1477421990][/doublepost]
Tried it couldn't get it to work....

Can't say. I just checked again, and it's working perfectly for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.