Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I still have my two CD Walkmans. There's no MP3 culture now though, so they aren't fun in comparison to making mixtapes with the cassettes now for those that have that kind of time on their hands. Vinyl is about having a physical product on a shelf/wall more than anything else.

Have audiobooks, podcasts, and other things besides music on the iPod. But when it was the current thing it was the continuation of that MP3 culture and used to live alongside TV/radio/traditional music outlets, and when we used to sit at our computers more and settled with whatever speakers were on them.

There was the one year I was recording classes with just the Voice Memos app and it worked fine for me to be honest.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I still have my two CD Walkmans. There's no MP3 culture now though, so they aren't fun in comparison to making mixtapes with the cassettes now for those that have that kind of time on their hands. Vinyl is about having a physical product on a shelf/wall more than anything else.

Have audiobooks, podcasts, and other things besides music on the iPod. But when it was the current thing it was the continuation of that MP3 culture and used to live alongside TV/radio/traditional music outlets, and when we used to sit at our computers more and settled with whatever speakers were on them.

There was the one year I was recording classes with just the Voice Memos app and it worked fine for me to be honest.
Yeah but it lacks all the features of a standalone voice recorder.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I’ve seen the Samsung Z flip and it looks cute an all. However, I am old enough to have been a user of the first era of flip phones. So my stance is been there done that and don’t want to go back to that lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.