Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I noticed on some users' profiles, they have a "Gender" specification. However, when I look on my profile settings, I can't find it anywhere—maybe I'm just looking in the wrong spot, I don't know. Was this attribution removed from the settings, or is my account somehow unable to display/set it? Not that I really care either way, as I've already put my pronouns in the "About" section at the top, but just to keep some consistency, I was wondering where the setting is. Any ideas?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If I recall correctly, there was a bug with the way it was displaying in the profile editor a year or so ago and we ended up turning it off since we didn't feel it was really needed. But it remains visible on profiles for users who added it before we turned it off.

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
If I recall correctly, there was a bug with the way it was displaying in the profile editor a year or so ago and we ended up turning it off since we didn't feel it was really needed. But it remains visible on profiles for users who added it before we turned it off.
For those people for whom it remains visible, is there a way to remove it?

Reactions: max2

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
For those people for whom it remains visible, is there a way to remove it?
That's a good point. There isn't a way to do that without asking support staff to update/remove it, so for simplicity and to avoid confusion we've turned it off entirely so it won't display on user profiles.

Reactions: max2 and Starfia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.