Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mike.mcfin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Finland
Hello,

Excuse me if this is not appropriate section but I saw few other similar "announcements" and thought it's ok.
I recently uploaded my latest app geneBlender to store and would like to receive some feedback and suggestions. If anyone has tried it please feel free to provide feedback. I think this forum is better place than store since there it's not possible to respond to reviews.

Here's short description what's it all about.

geneBlender (appStore link )

Free form photo blending/compositing. It uses similar UI than in Minority Report to freely move, rotate, scale images. One finger for move/position and two fingers to rotate/scale simultaneously. i.e. You can control the placement, scale and rotation just with your fingers - no other UI-elements are needed.

You can for example overlay two or more images top of each other and then blend them together by painting a mask directly to topmost images alpha-channel (like Photoshop layers and masks). Take two pictures of your friends and overlay to same position. Use your finger to reveal only eyes or mouth from topmost image and you have quite interesting results. It's quite fun tool with group of other people (party anyone?) to show them how'd their "offspring" would look alike. :D Or simply mix image of chimp over your friend's face (like in main screenshot).

You can also add some funny items from geneBlenders library to "decorate" the image and finally save it to saved photos album for later use or emailing.

Here's few screenshots:
Kuva%201.png
Kuva%203.png
Kuva%207.png

-mcMike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.