Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
on my gf's powerbook, when she tries to minimize a window, 25% of the time it will get stuck.

http://www.tekmoe.com/screwedup.png

the windows stays like that until you try to do something else. then it disappears and goes to the bottom like it should. i have no idea why the hell it does this.

also, her finder will crash quite often. eternal beachball and we end up having to reboot the f*cking thing.

i have created a new profile for her and copied her ical, itunes, and iphoto data. i have my own profile on this laptop and i have NEVER had this problem. i am thinking there is something in her profile that is causing it to screw up. it's really pissing me off and i am unsure of what to do.

thx

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well, I'd start by repairing permissions if you haven't already and then move onto removing preference files, in particular com.apple.finder.plist and com.apple.dock.plist which will both need a restart (or a log out/log in) afterwards. :)

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
the genie effect getting stuck happens when the dock resets. you know that happens when the dock disappears for a second and comes back, if it does that right when u minimize it will freeze it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.