Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalpencil

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Manchester, UK
Why should he know what BR is? He doesn't work at Best Buy, he works for Apple. Apple hasn't even decided what format they're going to support and they certainly don't make MBPs with BR drives.

What made you think Apple was interested in HD DVD? Go to the Blu-ray Disk Association website and there is the Apple logo listed first. Go to the Macrumors thread here. An optional Blu-Ray disc drive s listed as an option. Burning 50 gb of data to a thin disk is very attractive to me.

Irregardless, why would you want a BR drive on a notebook? It's not like you're going to be able to write to blank BR discs anyway.. not in the near future at least and even if you could, can you imagine the cost impact of a slot-loading BR-R/W drive small enough that it doesn't dramatically affect the MBP's footprint. :eek: it'd be like twice the price!

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I can't believe we're making excuses for incompetence.
I'm not sure why there'd be an expectation that someone getting paid in the low-30k's to deal with people's broken equipment 38.5 hours a week would be hired for their technical competency so much as their willingness to take such a crappy job in the first place.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Irregardless, why would you want a BR drive on a notebook? It's not like you're going to be able to write to blank BR discs anyway.. not in the near future at least and even if you could, can you imagine the cost impact of a slot-loading BR-R/W drive small enough that it doesn't dramatically affect the MBP's footprint. :eek: it'd be like twice the price!

Fastmac has a BR RW drive...

You know a BR drive in a notebook is great, high def movies to go along with high def screen on the 17". Pure bliss. Of course I guess not all here that can afford a MacBook Pro 17 can afford a HDTV and Blu-ray/HD DVD So I suppose they wouldn't know what they were missing. Besides if Toshiba/Sony/Dell can do it why can't Apple?

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
So an update. Im pretty pissed right now. I listen to it in store.. sounds ok amongst all the people in there.

Get home. Speaker is doing the EXACT same thing. I call up... the replaced the GOOD SPEAKER.

HOW IN THE EFF DOES THAT HAPPEN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Im beyond pissed right now...

sbluetruck

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
Wisconsin der hey
hey hey hey HEY!!!! quit bashing the Apple stores here okay? there's a LOT worse out there *coughbestbuycough* so unless you can't find a place that's worse, just be satisfied with what you've got.

i fit the image they want........ maybe if i were older....
converse chuck taylors are the best, i know i'll say that till i die or find a better shoe. partying like it's 1913!!!!!

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
hey hey hey HEY!!!! quit bashing the Apple stores here okay? there's a LOT worse out there *coughbestbuycough* so unless you can't find a place that's worse, just be satisfied with what you've got.

converse chuck taylors are the best, i know i'll say that till i die or find a better shoe. partying like it's 1913!!!!!

I'm not sure why there'd be an expectation that someone getting paid in the low-30k's to deal with people's broken equipment 38.5 hours a week would be hired for their technical competency so much as their willingness to take such a crappy job in the first place.

Stay in school, study hard, don't drink the Kool-Aid.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
my friend used to work in the genius bar. now he has moved up a little higher and they fly him out to cupertino every once in awhile. he is a pretty crazy mac fanatic. he can hardly tell me anything though. sometimes i squeeze info out of him, like telling me i need to wait til around when school starts for the new imac upgrades back when i was thinking about buying an imac. he walked past steve jobs in a hallway once and said he "smelled like money and genius". fun stuff. but anyway, point is some of the genius bar people are crazy fanboys. they aren't all doing it just as a job. he is in a crazy love affair with all that is apple. its kinda unhealthy really, especially all the crap on his facebook profile, lol.

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL

Woah there, we're being constructive here: fanboy to fanboy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.