Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frydrych

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Sweden
The setup is that I have three eufycam 2c and one Homebase 2, all set upp through the eufycam app and using up to date firmware. Adding the devices to HomeKit works as expected.

The issue is that I have the cameras as "off" when someone is home, but to stream & record when everyone is away. HomeKit has two users, but even if both are away the cameras never switches to away mode. I also have Philips Hue acting the same way, but I have no issues with that.

Have anyone had similar problems and maybe has a fix for it? As it is right now, with the cameras always off, they don't really have a purpose. :)

I read somewhere that it would be possible to skip the eufycam app and add the cameras directly to HomeKit, but I could never add the cameras (lacking HomeKit QR), just the Homebase. Maybe that's a way around it? Skipping eufycam app abandons the possibility for the Homebase and cameras to receive firmware updates, right?

Thanks in advance!

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2012
How do you have the cameras set in the Eufy app? If you turn off the cameras there, or disable motion detection, or set the security mode to not record, then it also disables it from recording in HKSV. You also need to leave the eufy app set to “All motion” instead of “people only”.

You can set it up without the eufy app by following the HomeKit setup instructions linked on their product page. Scroll down to the Downloads area just above Reviews.

frydrych

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Sweden
Thanks for replying, I didn’t see it until now. I guess that I was expecting an e-mail on reply...

Maybe I didn’t describe it correctly in my initial post.

The cameras are not set to record in eufy app, but I don’t think that’s the issue I have.

In the HomeKit app, if I set the cameras to record when I’m home. It detects and record as expected, regardless if cameras in the eufy app is set to not detect.

The problem I have is related to geofencing, I think. When I have the cameras set to off (in the HomeKit app) while I am at home and then I leave the house, it never switches to away mode. Away mode in HomeKit app is set to record and notify when people are detected. In eufy app I can see the cameras wherever I am, but when using the HomeKit app and I’m away, the cameras are still set to off and is just a black screen. I don’t know what prevents it to trigger that I’m actually not at home.

I would appreciate any help here, thanks.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I just ordered my first Eufy camera to play around with HomeKit Secure Video. I'll let you know how it turns out since I'd also want it to record video when we're not home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.