Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2013
I haven't seen this posted anywhere, and it doesn't show up on Sprint's website but I have the Sprint Zone app on my phone and it alerted me earlier today of this deal-

Buy an iPhone 5S or 5C, and get a 16GB iPad mini for $49.99. Requires qualifying data plan and new 2-year agreement on the iPad. Only available for upgrade eligible customers or new lines of service.

You'll either have to call them or visit a store.

Also I would contact some of your local Sprint stores and see if they do special buy back days for old smartphones. One around here does it sometimes minimum $50 buyback which can apply towards account credit or new device.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
The 2 year data plan will far outweigh the price of the Mini even it was free. A 2 year $20-30 plan cost between $480-720

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2013
The 2 year data plan will far outweigh the price of the Mini even it was free. A 2 year $20-30 plan cost between $480-720

They offer a $5/month tablet data plan last time I checked. I've got a $15/2GB plan but they don't have that one anymore.

I guess everyone just wants it ALL for free then eh? Just thought I'd post up about it since I didn't see it anywhere.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
They offer a $5/month tablet data plan last time I checked. I've got a $15/2GB plan but they don't have that one anymore.

I guess everyone just wants it ALL for free then eh? Just thought I'd post up about it since I didn't see it anywhere.

I wasn't suggesting anything free. The plan that's probably on offer would be slightly or much greater than the price of the Tablet plus the entire cost of the plan.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2013
I wasn't suggesting anything free. The plan that's probably on offer would be slightly or much greater than the price of the Tablet plus the entire cost of the plan.

If someone wanted an iPad that wasn't just the WiFi model, this would be appealing I would think. As opposed to paying full price for the device PLUS cost of service. Plenty of people want that. Hell I have an iPad Mini Retina on Sprint, and I'm going to end up paying full price for it plus the service every month. I'd have thought seriously about this deal if I were in the market again.

As far as it being on Sprint- they are no better or worse than any other provider. It all just depends on where you're going to be using it. I get pretty good LTE where I'm at now and have been with Sprint for almost 8 years, even when I was somewhere with crappy signal, but that's just me. :)

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007

So true. And that doesn't even take into consideration the two year cost of the cell phone. It amazes me that people still believe in a free lunch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.