Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Hi!

On the iPad 2 I have the passcode was forgotten and the iPad eventually had to be restored to factory settings, erasing all the data on it. I didn't set up a backup for this iPad 2 since I was thinking it's a device the kids could use every now and then. I've no realized there were some old apps (games) on it that aren't available to download from the App Store anymore – not even from my own ”Purchased” tab.

So my question is if someone cold share those apps? Because I know it's possible to extract iOS/iPadOS-apps (.ipa file extension) with the application iMazing and I was thinking if I could get hold of them I should be able to use them since they are still tied to my Apple ID.

The games I'm thinking about at the top of my head are:

•Shogun: Rise Of The Renegade

•Tetris for iPad

Anyone with those games on your old iPad? :)

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
On the iPad 2 I have the passcode was forgotten and the iPad eventually had to be restored to factory settings, erasing all the data on it. I didn't set up a backup for this iPad 2 since I was thinking it's a device the kids could use every now and then. I've no realized there were some old apps (games) on it that aren't available to download from the App Store anymore – not even from my own ”Purchased” tab.
Is it because they're 32 bit apps? iOS 11 dropped support for 32 bit apps.

flaubert

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Your iPad 2nd gen dates back to the period when iTunes was managing the App store, and thus you may have .ipa files still lingering on whatever Mac you might have connected this iPad to. Worth a look, anyway:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.