Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

From0toHero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2014
Switzerland
After encountering a strange clicking sound under ios 11.2.1 i was desperate to find a way to get rid of that nasty click. So i joined the beta program. After that i installed the ios 11.2.5 Beta 2 and jupiee the click is gone when dismissing the control center. But after deleting the beta profile, and leaving the beta program i found the app to send feedback emails still on my iphone. I tried to delete it manual, but there is no way to delete it. When you long press the icon to wiggle it doesn’t show the delete option on this app. How can i get rid of it folks? Any help is greatly appreciated:)
IMG_0227.JPG

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
You can't if you are on a beta. It will disappear when you are back on standard releases. Also it does NOT send emails. It is a direct messaging app to the Apple engineering team.

From0toHero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2014
Switzerland
You can't if you are on a beta. It will disappear when you are back on standard releases. Also it does NOT send emails. It is a direct messaging app to the Apple engineering team.

Ic ok no email direct messaging. Thanx. And i understand you right, only when i install a regular update the app will be deleted right? After i deleted the beta profile will 11.2.5 show as update even if i have 11.2.5 beta 2 installed? Or i have to restore my mobile as soon the regular update appears?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
If you delete the profile you shouldn't get any more betas. When 11.2.5 shows up it will just be a standard update.

So you bought a developer account because of a clicking sound??? You do know you could have got on the public beta for free and it doesn't (I don't think) have feedback Assistant.

Reactions: Pnr2020

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
If you delete the profile you shouldn't get any more betas. When 11.2.5 shows up it will just be a standard update.

So you bought a developer account because of a clicking sound??? You do know you could have got on the public beta for free and it doesn't (I don't think) have feedback Assistant.

Actually, the public beta does include the feedback app.

Reactions: Julien

From0toHero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2014
Switzerland

No developer account was bought. I just registered for the open beta for free lol

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
As I told you in another thread, if you're running a public beta, you should not drop the profile until you are on a standard release. Read the terms of the public beta. They make it clear there WILL be bugs in the software, which means you should always upgrade to the next beta iteration until a GM release. Otherwise you should NOT be on the beta program.

From0toHero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2014
Switzerland
As I told you in another thread, if you're running a public beta, you should not drop the profile until you are on a standard release. Read the terms of the public beta. They make it clear there WILL be bugs in the software, which means you should always upgrade to the next beta iteration until a GM release. Otherwise you should NOT be on the beta program.

Im not sure if there MUST be issues. To be honest till now everything works great. The clicking sound is gone. The mobile works as indented. And if issues arise,i can use my backup to rollback. Thanx for all infos :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.