Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hello good peeps,

We (my son and I) are trying to figure out if there is any way to get an ipad app which is no longer available. The Skylander Trap Team app is required to use a toy he covets, and was taken off the store last july. Is there any way to get this app running on my old ipad mini first gen?

Thank you so much,
Richard

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
... so I downloaded the Trap Team IPA, dragged it into itunes, and synced... and on the ipad it the icon showed up and was ready to install but at the last minute it just disappeared!

Should i use one of the different methods? Is this because I did not purchase it before? If I didn't purchase it before is there any way to get it on my ipad?

Thanks,
Richard
[doublepost=1557165478][/doublepost]do i need to jailbreak my ipad? it is running 9.3.5...
r
[doublepost=1557165697][/doublepost]by the way, thank you sooooo much for your help!!!!! a five year old will be smiling soooo much if this works!!!!
[doublepost=1557165742][/doublepost]... by the way, thank you soooooo much for your help with this... a just turned six year old will be smiling so much if this works!!!

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
... so I downloaded the Trap Team IPA, dragged it into itunes, and synced... and on the ipad it the icon showed up and was ready to install but at the last minute it just disappeared!

Should i use one of the different methods? Is this because I did not purchase it before? If I didn't purchase it before is there any way to get it on my ipad?

Thanks,
Richard
[doublepost=1557165478][/doublepost]do i need to jailbreak my ipad? it is running 9.3.5...
r
[doublepost=1557165697][/doublepost]by the way, thank you sooooo much for your help!!!!! a five year old will be smiling soooo much if this works!!!!
[doublepost=1557165742][/doublepost]... by the way, thank you soooooo much for your help with this... a just turned six year old will be smiling so much if this works!!!
Use Cydia Impactor.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
You can use Cydia Impactor without a jailbreak, I don't think jailbreaking will make a difference with iTunes

i am in cydia impactor, and i press start, and it asks for my apple id username. it says it can be my itunes email login. i tried it, but it got an error...

... is this safe?
r.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
i am in cydia impactor, and i press start, and it asks for my apple id username. it says it can be my itunes email login. i tried it, but it got an error...

... is this safe?
r.
what is the error? Impactor is used for all modern jailbreaks so it's trustworthy.

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
Hello good peeps,

We (my son and I) are trying to figure out if there is any way to get an ipad app which is no longer available. The Skylander Trap Team app is required to use a toy he covets, and was taken off the store last july. Is there any way to get this app running on my old ipad mini first gen?

Thank you so much,
Richard

I am hazarding a guess that this App may still be available in your App Store purchase history.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
I am hazarding a guess that this App may still be available in your App Store purchase history.
Never bought it! But need it now
[doublepost=1557188911][/doublepost]I never bought it. That’s the issue...

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
what is the error? Impactor is used for all modern jailbreaks so it's trustworthy.

the error says

File: provision.cpp; line: 173; what:

Please sign in with an app-specific password. You can create one at appleid.apple.com.

this, after i used my usual mac id, the one i use for the app store and icloud, etc. is that correct?

And to be clear, I do not have to do anything to my ipad before using Cydia Impactor... yes?

thanks, getting closer!
Richard

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
the error says

File: provision.cpp; line: 173; what:

Please sign in with an app-specific password. You can create one at appleid.apple.com.

this, after i used my usual mac id, the one i use for the app store and icloud, etc. is that correct?

And to be clear, I do not have to do anything to my ipad before using Cydia Impactor... yes?

thanks, getting closer!
Richard
Follow that link and under Security you can generate an app-specific password. Use that password with Impactor.

As long as the iPad is not locked you don't need to do anything to it

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Follow that link and under Security you can generate an app-specific password. Use that password with Impactor.

As long as the iPad is not locked you don't need to do anything to it

... got a step further, and when Cydia Impactor seems to accept my mac user id and my app specific password, i get the error message:

Do i need to enroll as a developer? sheesh... Thank you all again for your patience and persistence!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 12.45.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 12.45.14 PM.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 267

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
... got a step further, and when Cydia Impactor seems to accept my mac user id and my app specific password, i get the error message:

Do i need to enroll as a developer? sheesh... Thank you all again for your patience and persistence!
I'm not sure what is causing you all these problems honestly. For me I just enter my old Apple ID and password, then it goes through without issue.

If you have another Apple ID I would try that. Perhaps delete Impactor and reinstall. What macOS/iOS versions are you running?

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
I didn't realize i needed to drag the IPA file into the impactor window! Thanks so much everyone!!!!!
[doublepost=1557337228][/doublepost]my never ending saga....

okay, so figured out that I need to drag the IPA file into the impactor window. it installed, but it says "Device is not Supported" when opening the app. I thought it was! Ipad mini first gen.

So, I tried installing it on my new iphone xs, and i got a new error message:
[doublepost=1557337260][/doublepost]would an ipad mini 2 work?

r.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.35.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.35.01 PM.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 280

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
I didn't realize i needed to drag the IPA file into the impactor window! Thanks so much everyone!!!!!

okay, so figured out that I need to drag the IPA file into the impactor window. it installed, but it says "Device is not Supported" when opening the app. I thought it was! Ipad mini first gen.

r.
Looks like it's a 32-bit app so it will not run on iOS 11 or newer. What iOS version is the mini you are attempting the install on running?

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Looks like it's a 32-bit app so it will not run on iOS 11 or newer. What iOS version is the mini you are attempting the install on running?
sa

i tried it on a ipad mini 2 running 12.2, and a ipad mini 1 running 9.3.5. the mini 1 got the above message, the mini 2 got this one...

r.
[doublepost=1557950421][/doublepost]

do i need an iphone 4 or something like that?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 3.56.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 3.56.47 PM.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 321

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA

r.
Only your mini 1 would/should work for 32 bit only apps.
Can you attach a screenshot where you get device is not supported?
Have you looked in settings/general/profiles yet?
Have you tried to create a new generic Apple ID (without 2 step/factor security enabled?)

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
sa

i tried it on a ipad mini 2 running 12.2, and a ipad mini 1 running 9.3.5. the mini 1 got the above message, the mini 2 got this one...

r.
[doublepost=1557950421][/doublepost]

do i need an iphone 4 or something like that?
I don't get the SA or the R part of this post. Perhaps the app is not iPad compatible at all. If you have an old iPod touch or iPhone lying around you should try it. At this point, either it's not compatible or your IPA is bad.

Wild Bill 666

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2021
Hi
I’m desperately trying to download this for my Autistic son who really wants it but not being very technical I’m struggling
The link works but will only download to 84%
any ideas how I can sort this ?

Attachments

• 70CFE4FE-4FE3-4437-8163-10FEFB83BF53.jpeg
    70CFE4FE-4FE3-4437-8163-10FEFB83BF53.jpeg
    472.4 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 112

LucarioGames

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2021
Hi
I’m desperately trying to download this for my Autistic son who really wants it but not being very technical I’m struggling
The link works but will only download to 84%
any ideas how I can sort this ?
Yo, sorry for late reply. Here is a link to how to properly install the file on YouTube using iTunes, you must download it on a Mac or Windows instead of the actual iPad. Then plug the iPad into the computer using a charging cable and you are set to install when the IPA is installed on the computer.
You must have a iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone & nbsp; 5s, iPhone & nbsp; 6, iPhone & nbsp; 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch. Anything else won't work, and oh, fair warning, you can't get past the first level due to the servers of Trap Team being down. Hopefully this helped! Best of luck :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.