Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CatsEverywhere

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2017
Under the bed
iPod 5th generation
Running iOS 9.3.5

My email notification sound keeps going off and there's no new or unread mail. I confirm this every time by checking my mail on my iPod then on my iPhone as well.
When this happens there's no notification on my iPhone because there is no mail actually coming in.

I wouldn't really care only this seems to only happen in the middle of the night and the do not disturb doesn't catch it. It comes through regardless of the do not disturb being on, and this wakes me up repeatedly.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iPod 5th generation
Running iOS 9.3.5

My email notification sound keeps going off and there's no new or unread mail. I confirm this every time by checking my mail on my iPod then on my iPhone as well.
When this happens there's no notification on my iPhone because there is no mail actually coming in.

I wouldn't really care only this seems to only happen in the middle of the night and the do not disturb doesn't catch it. It comes through regardless of the do not disturb being on, and this wakes me up repeatedly.
Mail notifications aren't supposed to come through Do Not Disturb, only calls, and only if you allow for that in DND settings. It seems like there might be more issues in play than just email notification sounds if DND isn't working correctly either. Have you tried resetting all settings? Perhaps reinstalling?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.