Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desanteeno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2020
Here's the story;

I bought my a2159 last February 2019, then in November 2019, the noticed the command key has been chipped off. I was so disappointed, I paid a big amount of money for this machine, and yet the keycap has been chipped easily. I went to the Apple store to have it replaced, but the Apple Genius declined to have it replaced for free since mine is still under warranty. He said, it's a cosmetic problem and thus, I should shoulder the cost for the replacement of key caps. So I spent $80 dollars on the replacement keycaps.

I thought the problem would stop in there, little did I know just four months after the expiration of the service warranty, I have to face another huge problem. I started noticing the flickering of my screen (purple and with the huge black vertical line). They said it's a flexgate. So I have to go to the store again and spent $800 on the screen replacement! I was so DEVASTATED!!

So now, I'm very careful with my laptop and very anxious at the same time. I don't know what to do if the other parts will malfunction, say for example a problem in the motherboard, etc.

So my question is;

how to take care of this laptop, so it won't break easily? How to avoid issues in the motherboard and other parts? (I heard, this part is the most expensive part to replace, it's like you're purchasing a new Mac)

Kindly help me with this. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_9727.jpg
    IMG_9727.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_9728.jpg
    IMG_9728.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.