Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
There was another thread showing that Snow Leopard is having this same issue. Mavericks is not. iTunes 10 recently lost connectivity too, seems Apple is changing something in the background that has broken all of these services.

cd101

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2023
There was another thread showing that Snow Leopard is having this same issue. Mavericks is not. iTunes 10 recently lost connectivity too, seems Apple is changing something in the background that has broken all of these services.
Interesting... I also heard the app store for all devices under iOS 7 are down, any fixes?

deadmatrix

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2014
Hi there, I just did a fresh install of Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my unsupported MacBook4,1 using NexPostFacto, and also discovered that App Store seems to be broken. This was also the case in Lion 10.7.5 before I upgraded too I noted. To get around this, I opened up terminal, and typed:

sudo softwareupdate -l

to list all the updates available; and then used commands like:

sudo softwareupdate -i SecUpd2015-006MtLion-1.0

to install all the updates, one at a time using each entry as listed via the first command.
The odd update had spaces in the name. In this case, I used 'random package name with spaces' around the necessary updates. So in example:

sudo softwareupdate -i 'Mac App Store Update-1.0' -v

The only update I could not get to install was iTunesX-12.4.3 using this method. Hopefully this helps someone.

Reactions: pgfunny124

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I think (nope, positive) that  stopped supporting iCloud and other service on older devices and OS's from 2011
since my itouchG4, Apple TV G3 and MacBook Air 2010 using mt lion
cant connect to saying iCloud or App Store since this February 2023.

I might mail the tv back to them for recycling since it is worthless now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.