Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mommabrea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2021
Does anyone experience getting multiple, “time sensitive,” notifications from the find my app that say they have been sent by your friend who has notifications set to allow you to know when they leave a specific location?

The service can be pretty spotty where my friend lives, and I get constant notifications saying they have left their location (home) usually at night, but they haven’t left at all. (It’s been proven) It says they are time sensitive, and that the notification has been sent by that find my user. (Their name)

Attachments

• 90CB95B9-0EDA-4B7E-872E-F162F41C9C43.jpeg
    90CB95B9-0EDA-4B7E-872E-F162F41C9C43.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 125

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Does anyone experience getting multiple, “time sensitive,” notifications from the find my app that say they have been sent by your friend who has notifications set to allow you to know when they leave a specific location?

The service can be pretty spotty where my friend lives, and I get constant notifications saying they have left their location (home) usually at night, but they haven’t left at all. (It’s been proven) It says they are time sensitive, and that the notification has been sent by that find my user. (Their name)
Yes, I got this with my wife when we moved to an area with poor service, even with good Wi-Fi and a clear shot to the sky with GPS. Very annoying and I was afraid to set up home automations using our location because of this.

What phones do you’s have? This issue cleared up when we got iPhones with the new Qualcomm modem (I’m assuming). When you go to “Find My” does your friend seem to be jumping around the map?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.