Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Having issues with my iWidgets and the GPS weather. I had it working fine before and then it stopped.

Both widgets I have used (Epiq and vCloud) have the issue. If choose GPS weather on it doesn't display anything where the weather should be. Previously I had the issue with Epiq where it only showed Gijon weather, but now it just has nothing in that location.

I have MyLocation installed and even went through the instructions in this thread to try and fix it.

I went through my Location Services in settings and saw that MyLocation was set to Off so I turned it on. It did not help but now the location services notification in the status bar is always on (even with MyLocation closed).

Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need location services enabled for MyLocation for the widgets to work? Before I had turned it off so I didn't always get the notification in the status bar.

Last edited:

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
I had similar problems because a lot of the themes I buy use GPS weather. So I went into settings and turned on Location Services but turned off the default apps. Rebooted - not resprung - and all is working fine now.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
You probably have an old location.js file in the iWidgets you are using. Yahoo weather made changes to GPS location not to long ago... which made the older version location.js file unusable. If you have a weather widget that's working fine with GPS, just copy that location.js file into the iWidgets that don't work. If you don't have a working iWidget that uses GPS location, download a newer iWidget. Most of the weather widget creators updated their location.js file since yahoo made the change.

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Still not working. I turned off location services for all apps (but left the actual toggle on). Rebooted and tried it, nothing. Then turned it on for weather, safari, and mylocation. Still nothing.

Thanks erayser. I'll try that. I actually had just found some similar info on a google search. Hopefully can get this to work.

Last edited:

Tmlfan3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
still no luck. Download the Sch Widget pack that says it was updated to address the yahoo code issue and I still get no weather on those widgets either.

Edit: Got it to work. Had to restart the phone and now they are working fine. Will swap those location.js files into the other ones. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.