Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
I wanted the black one, just because it is black and I understand deals with ware better but the flake business turned be off... so I will be getting a white 2.4 instead of the black.

I think I would rather a finger print I can clean to flaking I can not fix.

Wish me luck...

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
That's only the new Blackbooks. And it's only been confirmed by a few.

Count me in, the blackbooks at the store seems unusually smooth. Though i think they lack something the white one has, not sure, i think its that the black doesnt feel "homey"

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
and the case is entirely "black" so there's no painting, therefore no flaking. Were you looking at the brand new BlackBooks? :confused:

Yes, I would be getting one of the new ones; so the new blackbooks are not painted in some way. I will gave to give them a closer look and may go with the black one. I would really prefer a black Macbook.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Yes, I would be getting one of the new ones; so the new blackbooks are not painted in some way. I will gave to give them a closer look and may go with the black one. I would really prefer a black Macbook.

I want black REALLY bad, but the white has something that the black doesn't as ive said, the white macbook seems homey and more relaxing to the eyes, but either way, its black for me.

MrD1sturbed

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
Just bought my new BlackBook on Friday and so far I love it. Still trying to learn the ins and outs of OSX. You'll be happy with the BlackBook:D.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Done. Went to BestBuy, it is closer to the house; and got the black one... backing up to the TC currently and for a while I fear... so slow for the first one.

Very happy so far, like the feel of the black MB over the white one.

Hoopdy

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Good to hear you got the black. I like the look of it much more. Hopefully, in a few months, I'll have enough for my own.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
I think I'm gonna wait like 3 revisions to get MacBook, I don't really NEED it, It's more I just WANT it. And there is always something better, and since I don't need it, it's worth the wait, and they may release aluminum casing, and that alone is worth the wait. Cause right now I can't pick which color:rolleyes:.

Black feels good to touch, and looks cool, but doesn't look "homey".

White feels relaxing to look at, simple, and feels more personal, at the same time looking like a toy of cheap plastic.

Hoopdy

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
I think I'm gonna wait like 3 revisions to get MacBook, I don't really NEED it, It's more I just WANT it. And there is always something better, and since I don't need it, it's worth the wait, and they may release aluminum casing, and that alone is worth the wait. Cause right now I can't pick which color:rolleyes:.

Black feels good to touch, and looks cool, but doesn't look "homey".

White feels relaxing to look at, simple, and feels more personal, at the same time looking like a toy of cheap plastic.

And you 14, and said you didn't have any money. LOL

11blue

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
Your 14? From what I can tell you have an awesome iMac. Just save or get a mcjob. I did, though, I'm like 19, and I bought myself a MacBook after about 4 months of saving, along with Christmas Money and some Bonds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.