Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your Vision Pro getting more comfortable with use?

• Total voters

MockT

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2024
I have a related theory (well, more like a wild-a** guess): while the solo loop band was judged the "most comfortable", it wasn't the most comfortable for everyone which is why the dual-band exists. Furthermore, I would guess an older prototype had a band from the headset going over the head to the back. Think of a solo band with a fabric strap going from the back to the headset. This was possibly even more comfortable than the current solo band, but it was judged to be too fugly/un-Apple-like, and so it was dropped.
Some of these latter bands are out in the wild. They don't work because in the dual loop, you need to counteract the lifting force of the top strap with a downward angled back strap.

tweaknmod

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Can anybody speak to the experience with prescription lens attachments?

I’ve tried a few VR sets over the past couple of years and none of them work with my glasses, so I’m wondering if the custom-made prescription inserts are effective, comfortable, etc.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
I don’t see the point in voting because either you like it or you don’t. I like it in fact I love it and I’ve gotten so much use out of it. But bear in mind I’m not on this thing 24/7. I use it a few times a day for a period of time and then I switch back to my other set up.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007

I’ve tried a few VR sets over the past couple of years and none of them work with my glasses, so I’m wondering if the custom-made prescription inserts are effective, comfortable, etc.
They're pretty good, and I've got no complaints. Some people report some eyestrain, though. The passthru is still a bit blurry, but that's the passthru cameras' problem -- not the lenses. Virtual displays and text are pretty clear. Text isn't quite razor sharp, but I think that's due to antialiasing smoothing; it's very nice, otherwise.

However, be aware that only a certain range of prescriptions can be handled. That's probably due to the eye tracking not being able to handle lenses that distort the tracking too much.

Edit: also, unrelated to the lenses, there seems to be a little airflow inside, and that can dry your eyes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: tweaknmod

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
I was getting headaches. I ended up calling my eye doctor. The prescription in my right eye was way off somehow. Anyway, that’s fixed and now I’m very comfy.

Thanks for exposing my ****** eyes, Apple!
Interesting — probably a good idea to bring the inserts to the doctor once received to verify the prescription. I wonder if this has been the cause of headaches for some users.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003

All I know is with mine things are sharp, without them everything is blurry. Hence I conclude they are doing their job and are unobtrusive as well.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Interesting — probably a good idea to bring the inserts to the doctor once received to verify the prescription. I wonder if this has been the cause of headaches for some users.

Me thinks he means the opposite was true. His prescription was off and needed to be corrected, not the lenses.

Reactions: TLewis

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
I always give a week or so to break in to new shoes,and same goes for personal devices. It felt weird at first when I upgraded from iPhone 7 Plus to my 13 PM. Same with AirPod Max, but went smooth after few days. I will probably not buy AvP 1st gen but will probably try in an Apple Store in coming months.

Reactions: G5isAlive

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
As your facial structure adjusts to AvP the device will become more and more comfortable to wear...

Apple bears no responsibility for AvP "face"

:eek:

cnnyy20p

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2021
The only think that will get you more comfortable with the AVP would be a third party head strap with better weight distribution.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
I have noticed in the last few days that it is getting more comfortable wearing the Vision Pro. I'm mostly using the dual band strap. It really hit me this morning, when I put them on, and it was like new shoes slowly becoming your new favorite shoes. It might be due to the light shield conforming better to my face, or me just getting used to it. Not sure, but I'm very curious if others are experiencing this too.

It’s is absolutely getting better with time for me. I can easily wear it well past when the battery needs charging. I’ve hooked it up to the battery on multiple occasions as 2 and a half hours isn’t enough time for me. I just wish there was an easy way to add a digital clock somewhere so I could keep a better handle on how long I’ve been using it! I’m sure we’ll have that option soon.

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
It’s is absolutely getting better with time for me. I can easily wear it well past when the battery needs charging. I’ve hooked it up to the battery on multiple occasions as 2 and a half hours isn’t enough time for me. I just wish there was an easy way to add a digital clock somewhere so I could keep a better handle on how long I’ve been using it! I’m sure we’ll have that option soon.
Widgetsmith has a clock you can add. Also like Day Peek, if you don’t mind spending $3

Reactions: Macaholic868

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Widgetsmith has a clock you can add. Also like Day Peek, if you don’t mind spending $3

Thanks for the info. Apple has to revamp the App Store highlighting all of the apps available for this thing ASAP. App discovery right now is a bad joke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.