Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bowerr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
So I had apple music about 6 months ago and stopped using it as i could not afford it. I today re subscribed to apple music and was wondering if there was a way i could get all my saved music back that I have from the previous time around

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
That is a good question--and I don't have the answer--but I just switched back to Spotify and since you go from Premium pay to free, you always keep your saved music. I'm sure someone knows how that works with AM.

cjo85

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
Utah
When I renewed my Apple Music after I cancelled the trial my saved music wasn't downloaded automatically and I wasn't able to find a list of what I had added either.

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
i don't know either. I'm really thinking hard. the only thing i can think of is if your using itunes you can use a smart playlist

click on file
click on new
click on smart playlist
try the rules
iCloud status is apple music
media kind is music
click ok??

thats all i can think of

if cancelling apple music deletes everything from iCloud then i don't know.. i thought the apple music stays on the computer.. but not in a playable form
[doublepost=1458968887][/doublepost]i believe anything itunes related gives you free telephone support. you don't need applecare to call them

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
I also thought someone posted the AM is greyed out. I may continue mine at end of trial next week. Or, I may take screenshots of my now lengthy Favorites Playlists. Then re-purchase from iTunes to get it back.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Apple music is only greyed out if u need to re-authorize, or AM songs is removed , but still exists in your playlist.

Otherwise sign out and sign back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.