Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
I must have removed Numbers at some point on my 2021 Mac mini.
I now have a need to open a few Numbers files, but when I try to download it from the App Store, I get a message saying I need Mac OS 15. I am running OS 14 on my mini. Is there a way to get the most recent version of Numbers that would run on OS 14? Thanks for any advice.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
He meant iOS (and probably iPad mini), and posted in the wrong forum, that's all.
hmm... OP has a Mac mini, so it's an easy step to think that the OP was referring to macOS 10.14, or macOS 10.15.
That's much more likely than the download page asking for "Mac OS 15", which if that meant iOS 15 -- still in beta, and a download for Numbers supporting an unreleased iOS 15 would be really doubtful. More likely -- the current Numbers app requires a minumum of macOS 15 (and looking at the app store, current version of Numbers requires macOS 10.15 or later)

Looks like the OP has a soution, anyway. The App store will usually help out by offering an older version to install, when trying to download to an older system that does not support the current app.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
hmm... OP has a Mac mini, so it's an easy step to think that the OP was referring to macOS 10.14, or macOS 10.15.
That's much more likely than the download page asking for "Mac OS 15", which if that meant iOS 15 -- still in beta, and a download for Numbers supporting an unreleased iOS 15 would be really doubtful. More likely -- the current Numbers app requires a minumum of macOS 15 (and looking at the app store, current version of Numbers requires macOS 10.15 or later)

Looks like the OP has a soution, anyway. The App store will usually help out by offering an older version to install, when trying to download to an older system that does not support the current app.
You may be right... but I can't tell you how many times I've seen people post questions about their "Mac Pro 11-inch" troubles after installing the latest iOS update. LOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.