Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ken Owen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
I inherited an old iPad 2 that seems to work fine except for...of all things...Safari. Spent more time than I'd like viewing YouTube videos on clearing caches and turning off settings, etc...for Safari, but it still lags when loading a web page with graphics. I thought it was just the general performance of the old machine, but when I bring up the Apple News program, news articles with video load and play without issues.

So, I'd like to download an old version of Chrome or Firefox that supports 9.3.5. I've tried to download an older version of iTunes as suggested elsewhere which might give me access to older versions, but downloading old versions of iTunes and also Firefox from the support page all fail and complain of compatibility.

Can anyone explain an easy (ha!) way or point to an article on how to download older versions of browsers for iOS 9.3.5?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Ken Owen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Yes, the comments in the thread mentioned above worked for me on some but not all apps I was after. However, I noticed something worth mentioning (I think): selecting the app - most times - produced an error complaining of compatibility, etc...while selecting the 'cloud' icon or 'get' icon to the right of the app gave me the 'get the last compatible version' option. Or, I was hallucinating the whole thing. If you get an error message, try selecting the icons instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.