Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwintx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
Don't know if this is an iOS 11.1 thing, but I noticed it for the first time today after upgrading my iPhone to iOS 11.1 yesterday.

Here's my question: is it normal behavior for a mobile device's email client to receive push notifications when drafts are auto-saved to an Exchange 2016 server? Specific situation: I start to write an email in Outlook on Windows 10 at work and haven't yet sent it. At some point, an auto-save occurs as usual, but the Mail app on my iPhone then gets a push notification of the draft, as if it were a received email.

Have searched for similar reports with no luck, at least nothing sufficiently recent and/or non-overly-specialized (e.g., certain Gmail oddities years ago when free Gmail used Exchange ActiveSync).

This obviously is not a biggie but, rather, is just a curiosity. TIA for any ideas you can share.

=========

EDIT, four weeks later:

This was a case of PEBKAC or, in this case, PEBPAC (phone and chair, not keyboard and chair). Turns out I had push set for Drafts, as well, which was on purpose because I wanted to see them ASAP from multiple devices, but I didn't know that would also trigger notifications. It does. :) Lesson learned. Push no longer set for Drafts.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.