Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paul Garfinkel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2020
I do streaming live music using a single large diaphragm cardioid mic. I recently bought a Behringer U-Phoria two channel interface. When using just one channel for the mic, sound only comes though the left channel for listeners. I know WHY this happens, and that Windows has a simple work-around to drive mono sound through both output channels. I cannot find a way to do this on my MacBook Air. Any ideas? Am I posting this on the correct group in this forum? Thanks!

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Proabably the app you are using to connect to the Behringer U-Phoria ? are you using an app to record?

Some Audio interefaces have a mono / stereo switch - not sure about the Behringer U-Phoria ? I have a focusrite and there is a mono / stereo toggle on the front

If you are on a MAC you can use garageband to record in mono /stereo or what might be more interesting record a track and then duplicate the track and use slightly different effects on both tracks to create a stereo ambiance

Paul Garfinkel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2020
I’m doing live streaming, not recording. The Behringer does not have a mono switch.

Paul Garfinkel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2020
No options there. Was hoping that someone might have a long shot Mac solution maybe in the audio midi menu of options that I haven’t tried...

Paul Garfinkel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I found a gear work around. Will know tomorrow.
90A1F9B0-8360-4BBD-96EB-70BFD9C9304D.jpeg

Reactions: mikzn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.