Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBainNO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2017
Ok, so I've always been sensitive to bright lights from displays or maybe it's just not having used brighter displays long enough to get used to them. I bought an iPhone 12 Pro today, was upgrading fra a 7 Plus and it felt very bright. But on both my 7 Plus and iPad Air 2 I have had f.lux installed for years, basically used f.lux since the iPhone 6.
Downloaded it way back and it's worked on all LCD displays, but can't get it to work on any OLED ones. The f.lux way of warming the color is completely different from Apple's night shift. Anyhow just might think I've "spoiled" my eyes using it for so long.
When I bought a new OLED tv I felt it was way to bright at first, adjusting the settings all the time, but now I've gotten used to it and love it.
So anyways do you think the same applies to the new iPhone screens? Is it just an adjustment period?

MacBainNO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2017
Once you go oled you never go back ?
I think you are right. Never going back to an LCD tv. Previous to getting the LG CX I read all about the negatives with OLED's and the first two weeks that was always in the back of my mind. Now 5 months later I don't notice those things anymore, just appreciate the brilliant picture. Guess the same applies here. Having read so many stories about PWM flicker, headaches etc. that is what I was concerned about. Hopefully I'll push thru and never look back :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.