Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
Hi,
I think a lot of users don't know, or don't care, about the "[Resolved]" prefix, a feature I reckon important in the programming sections. So I have two suggestions:
- create a sticky thread describing the prefix in the Mac programming section
- create a class of users able to add the prefix when needed.
What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Announcements were made when the feature was added; users who choose to ignore it are entitled to do so unless it conflicts with the site's TOS.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
The Mac programming section does not have such an announcement.
Notice that users who use the feature can actually help others, by making the community focused on unsolved threads.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
- create a sticky thread describing the prefix in the Mac programming section

There is a section in FAQ that describes this. Stickies tend to have the same effect as FAQs, nobody reads them.

- create a class of users able to add the prefix when needed.

That would mean adding more moderators, or mini-moderators. Mini-moderator topic has been discussed many times in the past and the administrators (and we moderators too) don't really like it. It's easier to have a group of people who have all the power, instead of making many groups with limited powers.

You can always report a thread if you think it has been resolved and we will add the tag.

The Mac programming section does not have such an announcement.

AFAIK the announcement was made in Side and Feedback forum (i.e. this one), not in any specific forum. This is the standard for forum-wide announcements.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
There is a section in FAQ that describes this. Stickies tend to have the same effect as FAQs, nobody reads them.
[...]
AFAIK the announcement was made in Side and Feedback forum (i.e. this one), not in any specific forum. This is the standard for forum-wide announcements.

I asked because I saw it here.

That would mean adding more moderators, or mini-moderators. Mini-moderator topic has been discussed many times in the past and the administrators (and we moderators too) don't really like it. It's easier to have a group of people who have all the power, instead of making many groups with limited powers.

That's totally up to you, the staff. I'm not interested at all. IMO, having people helping out with minor tasks can help you stay focused on bigger troubles. The con of having few people in the staff is, in general, the slowness. But you're good at it, AFAICT.

You can always report a thread if you think it has been resolved and we will add the tag.
I'll let others do it. :rolleyes: :)

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I asked because I saw it here.

That's totally up to you, the staff. I'm not interested at all. IMO, having people helping out with minor tasks can help you stay focused on bigger troubles. The con of having few people in the staff is, in general, the slowness. But you're good at it, AFAICT.

I'll let others do it. :rolleyes: :)

Has your question been [Resolved] yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.