Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CDMA

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Ok i upgraded to ios 7 at first i set up as a new iphone and it didnt work so i tryed my icloud backup and it worked!!!!

Ios 7 gevey ultra s 2.02 iphone 4s cdma verizon

momolocs: so you finaly manged to attemp ha! mine is 4s cdma with gevey ultra 2.02 using on tmobile. guess i should go ahead and update

mmzain1

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
I also was scared about update my 4S with gevey to ios 7...Gevey Official Site says that interposer 2.02 is compatible with ios 7, so I updated and really works!

:)

I dont know what gevey sim im using in 4s. its ultra s or what .. Im updating my phone lets see what is going to happen. :(

----------

I also was scared about update my 4S with gevey to ios 7...Gevey Official Site says that interposer 2.02 is compatible with ios 7, so I updated and really works!

:)

I dont know what gevey sim im using in 4s. its ultra s or what .. Im updating my phone lets see what is going to happen. :(

xoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013

LOL Are you crazy? Remove gevey e put again, will show an alert with gevey information and version.

Last edited:

CDMA

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
LOL Are you crazy? Remove gevey e put again, will show an alert with gevey information and version.

well, now im unsure of gevey version on my phone. all i see is gevey ultra s 2 or somedamn thing like that. can anyone tell how to check version since its been reported it 2.02 is the version that will work with iOS7 - pls advise before i proceed with the update!!!

----------

mmzain1: dude was it sucess or something went wrong?!?! pls report back. thanx

mmzain1

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
well, now im unsure of gevey version on my phone. all i see is gevey ultra s 2 or somedamn thing like that. can anyone tell how to check version since its been reported it 2.02 is the version that will work with iOS7 - pls advise before i proceed with the update!!!

----------

mmzain1: dude was it sucess or something went wrong?!?! pls report back. thanx

Yes it works with my gevey sim ..after installation i just ignored the carrier update option.i can make and reciece calls easily..sms are working good every thing is fine.
But i cant check my credit ..when i dial short code to check credit .. *123# it makes call . And operator says that dialed number is invalid..why short codes are not working ??? :(

xoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Yes it works with my gevey sim ..after installation i just ignored the carrier update option.i can make and reciece calls easily..sms are working good every thing is fine.
But i cant check my credit ..when i dial short code to check credit .. *123# it makes call . And operator says that dialed number is invalid..why short codes are not working ??? :(

Weird, here works fine.

Momolocs

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013

Same thing i cant yse *something# either it just calls

Momolocs

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
When i turned my iphone 4s cdma ios 7 gevey unlock off to reboot i lost my unlock i had to restore to an icloud backup :/ so maby this unlock is a glitch or can only work like a tethered unlock untill we get a jailbreak anf install furious mod

Can anyone else confirm this

elvis840

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
Gevey Sim Ultra S

Hey People! I'm Ali from Pakistan. This is a great forum. I had a few queries and I thought why not post here. My question is the same as some other users have posted here. How do we differentiate between the Gevey Sim models? As I've gathered from the earlier posts the 'gevey sim 2.02' is the only working solution for now. I've a 4S with 5.1.1 and a modem version of 2.0.12 running on Ultra-S version of the interposer. Should I update to 7?

Secondly I bought this phone from a friend and he jailbreak it with lotsa cool apps. How do I back them up and is it possible that I retrieve the jailbreak and apps after ios7? Regards

nonsequitur

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
When i turned my iphone 4s cdma ios 7 gevey unlock off to reboot i lost my unlock i had to restore to an icloud backup :/ so maby this unlock is a glitch or can only work like a tethered unlock untill we get a jailbreak anf install furious mod

Can anyone else confirm this

You can install FuriousMod (or the Chinese equivalent from Falwok) without a jailbreak. Use the auto-configuration tool from Gevey or from Falwok. I think this should work on iOS7. Give it a try since you've already upgraded.

----------

Hey People! I'm Ali from Pakistan. This is a great forum. I had a few queries and I thought why not post here. My question is the same as some other users have posted here. How do we differentiate between the Gevey Sim models? As I've gathered from the earlier posts the 'gevey sim 2.02' is the only working solution for now. I've a 4S with 5.1.1 and a modem version of 2.0.12 running on Ultra-S version of the interposer. Should I update to 7?

Secondly I bought this phone from a friend and he jailbreak it with lotsa cool apps. How do I back them up and is it possible that I retrieve the jailbreak and apps after ios7? Regards

You need to wait for the iOS7 jailbreak to be released before you can restore those apps you currently are using with a jailbroken 5.1.1.

elvis840

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
You can install FuriousMod (or the Chinese equivalent from Falwok) without a jailbreak. Use the auto-configuration tool from Gevey or from Falwok. I think this should work on iOS7. Give it a try since you've already upgraded.

----------

You need to wait for the iOS7 jailbreak to be released before you can restore those apps you currently are using with a jailbroken 5.1.1.

Right and how do we differentiate between the different GV sims? Anybody with a simple Ultra-S gevey sim done the 7 update?

EemDw

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
IPhone 4s locked on sprint "CDMA" on ios 6.1.3 unlocked with gevey ultra s V2.0.2.... is it confirmed yet that the ios 7 update will work fine using that gevey sim on CDMA phone??

chrisg1994

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
IOS 7 doesnt work on cdma sprint iphone 4s

I had my iphone locked with sprint then used the gevey sim to unlock it to t-mobile and it worked perfectly fine. I upgraded my phone from ios 6.1.3 to ios 7 and the gevey ultra s wont work. My phone is locked again. I'm screwed. what can I do now? I cant downgrade anymore. Please someone help me.v:(

EemDw

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
I had my iphone locked with sprint then used the gevey sim to unlock it to t-mobile and it worked perfectly fine. I upgraded my phone from ios 6.1.3 to ios 7 and the gevey ultra s wont work. My phone is locked again. I'm screwed. what can I do now? I cant downgrade anymore. Please someone help me.v:(

I guess you cant do much, i think gevey ultra S wont work on CDMA "sprint/verizon" phones :/

weLuvTorrents

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
It works

I have a SPRINT 4s cdma phone unlocked to tmobile using a GEVEY 2.02 sim card.

Couldn't resist;)!

Backed up my phone today. And did an update to ios 7.0.

Phone restarted and is working and unlocked.

Yeah!

nonsequitur

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
I have a SPRINT 4s cdma phone unlocked to tmobile using a GEVEY 2.02 sim card.

Couldn't resist;)!

Backed up my phone today. And did an update to ios 7.0.

Phone restarted and is working and unlocked.

Yeah!

Gevey 2.02 is GSM only and doesn't work on CDMA. Are you running FuriousMod?

----------

You need to reinstall FuriousMod using the auto-configuration tool. Try it and let us know how it goes.

EemDw

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
Gevey 2.02 is GSM only and doesn't work on CDMA. Are you running FuriousMod?

----------

You need to reinstall FuriousMod using the auto-configuration tool. Try it and let us know how it goes.

is there is any guide on what is furiousmod or how to install it and use it?

qwerter

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Doesn't work.

Here to confirm that it does NOT work on CDMA Sprint iPhone 4s, ios 7.

Used FuriousMod (PC) to unlock it...it said the unlock was successful, but it still needs activation, and nothing I've tried yet will activate the phone.

So now I have a very pretty phone running a very pretty OS that can't make calls. :mad: :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.