Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
I've seen this a few times in the past, but I had it happen yesterday and again today. What happens is that notifications appear in the notifications view that show up on top of real ones. These notifications can't be removed as tapping x and then clear does nothing. They only show up if there is a real notification.

The only way to get rid of them is to restart the phone.

So far I've only ever seen this on my iPhone 6s Plus. I think it has something to do with having the notifications view open while rotating the phone such that the notifications screen appears wrong (shows a portrait while rest of phone is landscape and vice-versa), but it's not really reproducible. It just happens.

Anyone else ever see this?

Here's an example:

img_0284-png.624996

Attachments

• IMG_0284.PNG
    IMG_0284.PNG
    895.2 KB · Views: 293

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Happened again today. I got a notification from Twitter while swiping down in portrait mode. The phone rotated to landscape mode and back and I got two stuck notifications again. Had to reboot. That's the third time in three days. This is happening much more often under iOS 9.3.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.