Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleuserfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Few days on my brand new iPhone 12 and almost every app start doing this (ofc no drops, damages)...
What to do?

• Angry
Reactions: jbachandouris

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Now that looks rather annoying.
It you perform a soft reset, and try the same thing again, does it still happen?

Reactions: appleuserfan

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
I'd be curious what Apple will say since they consider "image persistence" to be expected.

With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include "image persistence" or "burn-in," where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This can occur in more extreme cases such as when the same high contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time. We've engineered the Super Retina and Super Retina XDR displays to be the best in the industry in reducing the effects of OLED "burn-in."

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208191

appleuserfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Update: returned, got new one and...still has this problem.
Meanwhile another user on Reddit said that has the same problem with his iPhone 12

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Return ASAP better to wait to get a replacement than be stuck and have to go through Apple repairs.

appleuserfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
I’m start to thinking that is a software issue, more users are having the same issue and should be fixed in 14.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.