Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marty80

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Melbourne
Hey Guys

I have decided to break my waiting game cycle, and trade in my iphone 12 pro max this year.

After a few knocks my iphone screen has been suffering from ghosting, the phone overheats & the battery is aging. Even though the exterior casing and screen are in a like new condition.

In the past i have been dismissing the point to update my iphone this year. But I cannot justify the cost of repairs for a new phone, or some one playing operation with my phone.

Anyways thats my rant.

Last edited:

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Hey Guys

I have decided to break my waiting game cycle, and trade in my iphone 12 pro max this year.

After a few knocks my iphone screen has been suffering from ghosting, the phone overheats & the battery is aging. Even though the exterior casing and screen are in a like new condition.

In the past i have been dismissing the point to update my iphone this year. But I cannot justify the cost of repairs for a new phone, or some one playing operation with my phone.

Anyways thats my rant.
I upgraded from a 12 Pro Max Dec of 2023 (last year) to a 15 Pro Max. I have been happy with the upgrade and I was going to wait as well. However, I was able get a great deal from Verizon by upgrading to the unlimited+ plan for $10 / month gave me an $830 trade-in value for my 12 Pro Max, so the 15 Pro Max now only costs $10 per month.

So maybe look for a similar deal and take the 15 Pro max, or maybe you can get something when the 16 Pro max comes out. Right now, the 16 is only rumors, so not sure what it will actually be like yet.

Reactions: Marty80

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I've already mentioned this here, but if my 13 Pro Max had not been stolen in January, I would have kept it through the 16 and maybe even the 17 as it worked fine for me. My 15 Pro Max may even be kept through the 20 ;). Buy what you need/want now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.