Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Original poster
anyone think, Zagg or any other manufacturer will sell such a thing... I personally hope so, but will it be too big for them to do so? I know we won't see any until probably mid October, this is just a general question to whether a cover is viable or realistic for the display size of the Pro.

K.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I suspect most will - I grabbed an Anker one for my iPad Air 2 for around $12 and saw that they sell it for other models - once the Pro starts shipping, I'm sure we'll see a variety popping up on Amazon and other places.

DJ AJ

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2015
I suspect most will - I grabbed an Anker one for my iPad Air 2 for around $12 and saw that they sell it for other models - once the Pro starts shipping, I'm sure we'll see a variety popping up on Amazon and other places.

I believe that some of manufacturers will launch the glass protector screen which is designed for iPad Pro soon. People would need a glass screen protector to iPad Pro due to its largest size in iPad series. It is not easy to hold by one hand at all time that increases the possibility to lead bad events happened, such as broken iPad screen and scratches on screen.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
My biggest concern is if it will still allow the Apple Pencil to work. :eek: I assume it will, but I'm hoping no lag or issues will befall the devices if a cover is involved.

This is my concern as well. I've always used screen protectors on my iPads and iPhones. I love the tempered glass screen protectors, but that may add parallax as the distance between Pencil and screen is further with another layer. It'll be interesting to find out. I'm holding out until I see more people reporting in with Pencil + screen protector usage.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Also curious about this, I see Zagg has them available at Best Buy but I'm not interested if it's not compatible with the pencil

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Not yet. Pretty hesitant to spring for a $60 Zagg one without having a Pencil, and having read reviews first. Going naked until (if/when) my #$&@*( Pencil arrives, then I'll decide.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Not yet. Pretty hesitant to spring for a $60 Zagg one without having a Pencil, and having read reviews first. Going naked until (if/when) my #$&@*( Pencil arrives, then I'll decide.
I was wondering the exact same thing. I would like to install the glass screen protector, but fear it will screw up the pencil when it arrives. I would love more info on the subject.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Decided to install Zagg Glass after being assured it would not interfere with pencil from Zagg rep. Best install I've done. Unwrapped the IPP and put the glass on directly. Looks and feels awesome. When the pencil gets here we'll see.

Sandman3769

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
I put the Tech Armor one on this morning and I really like it. It was expensive $40, but well worth it. It is crystal clear and has the added benefits of less fingerprints, and easier to clean off than the regular screen. And also, my fingers slide much easier when scrolling compared to the regular screen.

Reactions: npolly0212

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
I put the Tech Armor one on this morning and I really like it. It was expensive $40, but well worth it. It is crystal clear and has the added benefits of less fingerprints, and easier to clean off than the regular screen. And also, my fingers slide much easier when scrolling compared to the regular screen.

If you've had other companies glass protectors how does theirs compare in quality?? I'm debating between tech armor or bodyguards for about $7 more.

Also how have replacements been with tech armor? I'm familiar with bodyguardz.

Sandman3769

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
If you've had other companies glass protectors how does theirs compare in quality?? I'm debating between tech armor or bodyguards for about $7 more.

Also how have replacements been with tech armor? I'm familiar with bodyguardz.
I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with other brands. I would imagine the all the major brands all pretty similar, but I don't know that as a fact.

kamy100

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2015
I bought the iPad Pro Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector by Starke Media (0.26mm). I ordered it from the Amazon UK store for £10.

Installed it yesterday, managed to get installed without any bubbles which was something that I was worried about given the huge screen.

Have been using it for 24 hours and it fantastic, have used the Apple Pencil extensively and performance is exactly as it was without the protector.

So certainly this make of screen protector is having no negative effects on pencil or screen performance.

Reactions: iphone6plus

Dmal99

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
I have a tempered glass protector and i am happy to say it doesn't seem to affect pencil performance, i tried it at the store and then at home with a protector.

Reactions: iphone6plus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.