Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebatho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Greater Manchester UK
I'm after a specific image, can anyone help...?

I'm after a shot of a wall of glass blocks, like the ones attached, but instead of being from angles, I just want a straightforward head on shot.

I'd like it reasonably sharp & a good size. I've been trawling through desktop & wallpaper sites but I can't seem to find anything.

Anyone help me out...?

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,574
  • mainpic.jpg
    mainpic.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 221
  • residential_splash.jpg
    residential_splash.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 272

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
mikebatho said:

I'm after a shot of a wall of glass blocks, like the ones attached, but instead of being from angles, I just want a straightforward head on shot.

I'd like it reasonably sharp & a good size. I've been trawling through desktop & wallpaper sites but I can't seem to find anything.

Anyone help me out...?

Mike"bath"o-

Sorry. I dont have any of those in my house... but If I see some and have my camera I will take some pics. What resolution would you like?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
wow, who would have thought that would be so difficult. i fancy myself lucky and a decent searcher for these things but i got the slip from the large straight on block walls too.

this was the best i could find and it is still from an angle... click here

i'll take a peek a little longer but it's not looking good.

you might be able to take a small picture and tile the image itself to make it appear to be one large glass block wall [shrugs] i can do that for you if you find an image you like that's too small... that is if you don't already know how to anyway. :)

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
what about this? it was a quick creation from tiling and sort of rotating a small image of blocks i found.

click thumbnail to enlarge... and click again once it opens to fully enlarge and clear it up. hope it helps

edit: and another option

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Glass Blocks

Whelp - here are glass blocks - with a few holes in the wall. It is straight on.

From the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago.

glasswall.jpg

HTH

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Hey

Koodauw said:
Why were you taking pictures of my house? And how did you get in?

You know, I have to work, too. You should be thrilled that you're only one of the five people I have the time to stalk. Many would consider it an honor to be stalked by the best! :p

Even if a glass is half full, it's not as good as a half-full keg. :)

Let he who lives in a glass house cast the first fingerprints.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
mikebatho said:

Anyone help me out...?

We have some of those *exact* tiles at my school, but I don't have a digital camera. You see, I used to have one, but I put it on the edge of my balcony and it fell...

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
stridey said:
We have some of those *exact* tiles at my school, but I don't have a digital camera. You see, I used to have one, but I put it on the edge of my balcony and it fell...

hahaha the powerbook BS horror story, good one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.