Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vOne1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
Hello,

When i add a a google account to my iOS device, the calendar invitations/notification won't show up in the native iOS calendar app in the inbox. So i can't accept or decline the meeting. I do see however a mail in the native mail app where i can accept the invitation, but this is super small, and sends me to safari, there it shows that i have accepted it.

I was wondering if there is another way so it does work with the native calendar app. With exchange this wasn't a problem. Someone any idea?

luismedina

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2017
Monterrey, Mexico
Unfortunately I think this is the way it's intended to work with the navite Mail and Calendar app, unless you are a G Suite user

Edit:
When you are a G Suite user you can setup the Google account as an Exchange account in order to have push notifications for Email and Calendar, but with a regular Gmail account you won't have this available because is a "pro" feature

Last edited:

vOne1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you. That's good to know. Luckily i'am a G suite user, any tutorial or something where to turn on that feature or do i just need to add the google account on my iPhone with the exchange settings?

luismedina

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2017
Monterrey, Mexico

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I've got a bog standard Google account with mail and calendar linked to the native apps on my phone and i'm sure i get stuff showing in the inbox within Calendar. Only this week i got an email from booking.com for a hotel we'd booked and calendar picked up the email details and showed it as a invite in calendar to add the dates we were stopping as a calendar entry.

luismedina

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2017
Monterrey, Mexico
I've got a bog standard Google account with mail and calendar linked to the native apps on my phone and i'm sure i get stuff showing in the inbox within Calendar. Only this week i got an email from booking.com for a hotel we'd booked and calendar picked up the email details and showed it as a invite in calendar to add the dates we were stopping as a calendar entry.

Yeah, it works with regular accounts, but maybe it doesn't work that way with G Suite accounts unless it's configured as an Exchange account

Great info, I think this is what i’m Looking for! Thanks.

You're welcome, hope this fixes the problem

vOne1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018

So you have setup a regular google account and getting notifications in the inbox from the native calendar app from iOS?
If so, then strange i don't get those.

Calender.jpg

i do however get some weird mail invitation. of course this is really small on a phone.
when i hit yes the it takes me to safari saying i have accepted it.

mail.png

i'm on iOS 12.2 btw.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I don’t use invites that often but I do get the odd thing in the inbox when it picks up something from an email I’ve received on gmail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.