Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

talhas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
Hi All,

I use send mail as feature in gmail and I am able to send mails from my non gmail address from the gmail app.

The problem is that gmail app does not recognize my non gmail address as me - so when i click reply all it includes my address in the receipients name which i have to delete manually. In the desktop version or if i open gmail in safari on ipad it works fine. I am pretty sure it is a gmail app issue does anyone else gets it? and have you been able to find a solution for it?

adamlee

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Do you have your nongmail account as a contact on your gmail contact list? Have you tried deleting your contact and then sending an email?

talhas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
Hi Thanks for the idea - it makes no difference in either case.

Also i tried in iMailG it is the same situation - if i open Gmail in safari it is the same situation. But if I open the desktop version on iOS it fixes itself.

now for every email i have to remove my address and if I am resending my own sent email then it puts me in the TO field so i have to remove me from TO and put the intended person in TO and remove him from CC. Its really a big headache

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.