Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crosbie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Brighton, UK
I see that Docs to Go is a pretty good solution, and I'll suggest it, but it still doesn't deal with the pages files my gf normally works with.

My original post was about using gmail as a file storage system for all formats, to be available to all apps - any further comment on the utility of this?

A special account used just for that won't conflict with terms of use and get shut down, for example?

peterja

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2008
Maybe iWork.com public beta, do anyone use it?
I don't see a problem using gmail, apart from being a clumsy way to distribute files.

It can't edit pages files and I also had problem opening one, but otherwise I think Office 2 HD is great. It connects to Dropbox, google docs etc and treats them as virtual drives, it's a great file manager for the cloud. I haven't tried Documents to Go so I can't compare them.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id364361728?mt=8

Goodreader uses a different renderer for PDFs which is more accurate for some of my files, but it's one page at the time and has a laggy zoom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.