Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ken DL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
Georgia
A few days ago my GMail contacts stopped syncing with Mac OS Contacts app. All my contact groups disappeared. Now there is an error message appearing on the Mac Contacts app, see attached picture. Syncing has stopped. I have not changed my Gmail password, nor updated my Mac OS. I normally use Mac's Mail app to handle all my email on the desktop, not a browser. See attached picture for error message.

Mac OS Sierra V 10.12.2, Contacts app is V 10.0.

I am reluctant to update to newer Mac OS because this Mac Book Pro had the infamous Radiant GPU chip error and the chip is currently disabled. Upgrading to 10.13 or 10.14 may not work. So I'd like to find out why it stopped working on 10.12.

Contacts problem.jpg

I have posted this to both Apple and Gmail support communities with no answers. Anyone here have an idea?

Ken DL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
Georgia
I fixed this by deleting the account in Mac OS and setting it up again. It's been working for 24 hours, so I'll call that a "fix". But it's always scary when that's your fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.