Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

learjet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2021
Hi there,

since Google’s official Gmail for iOS app introduced iOS Lock Screen Widget support recently, I‘ve been testing that feature.

But, alas, the lock screen widget most of the time doesn‘t refresh and just displays zero new e-Mails. After a delay of seemingly hours (!), sometimes the widget displays some new e-Mails, despite alredy having seen or read them in the meantime.

The enormous refresh interval/delay makes the widget pretty useless. Can you reproduce this behavior, or is the widget working properly for you, displaying accurate unread e-Mail counts?

Regards,
learjet

Orka

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Were you able to resolve this issue? I recently put gmail lock screen widget and it always shows 0 new messages...To my surprise this is months long issue which I assume wasn't fixed? I also have weather widget next to it and it updates just fine.

learjet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2021
Still no fix in iOS17, which is supposed to support interactive widgets as a headlining feature? Does the Gmail lock screen widget update/refresh for anyone, within a reasonable delay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.