Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lpolarityl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Ohio
... saying this is the best game ever produced by Sony. 10's being handed out everywhere by all the reviewers.

HYPE METER 1000/1000

PistachioLover

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2018
Well deserved.

The PS4 train can't be stopped. I doubt Sony would release a PS5 anytime soon considering how well the PS4 is doing. And one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) game still hasn't released yet; Spider-Man. September can't come soon enough.

BTW, according to reports, God of War runs really well on the base PS4, I'm really happy about this. Considering how rock solid the performance is on the OG PS4 with Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, getting a Pro isn't worth it, yet. I'm probably just going to wait for a PS4 Pro Slim, before upgrading.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
I didn't start Uncharted 4 until two weeks ago. Now I'm in a mad dash to finish before Friday lol.

rotlex

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2003
PA
Picked up a PS4 GOW edition this past Friday. Haven't owned a PlayStation since the PS3 and had to have God of War. I must say, I'm impressed. Awesome game so far. Now, my biggest problem is I also picked up Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and the Last of Us, lol. I think I'll have enough to keep me busy for quite some time now!

Did I mention I'm also only half way through Dark Souls III on my Xbox?

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
Will grab it and dust off my PS4, one thing about the exclusives though is lack of replayability and crap MP. Last exclusive I got was UC4 which was amazing but after completing it I have had no reason to play it again. :(

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'm going to echo with most of the gaming review sites are saying. If you own a PS4, you should get this game. Great storytelling, beautiful real-space 3D world, (you walked half a mile up and around a mountain, you can see where you started), it's LOL funny at moments, action can be as involved as you want it to be (mash it up or take the time to learn all intricate combos), it's a superb video game.

Reactions: Weaselboy

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm going to echo with most of the gaming review sites are saying. If you own a PS4, you should get this game. Great storytelling, beautiful real-space 3D world, (you walked half a mile up and around a mountain, you can see where you started), it's LOL funny at moments, action can be as involved as you want it to be (mash it up or take the time to learn all intricate combos), it's a superb video game.
I'm about two thirds in now and also really enjoying the game. The graphics on the PS4 Pro are just incredible.

Some of Kratos' interactions with "Boy" are funny.

Reactions: sman789

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
I'm about two thirds in now and also really enjoying the game. The graphics on the PS4 Pro are just incredible.

Some of Kratos' interactions with "Boy" are funny.

Yeah, especially funny since I was sitting there watching my son play :D This looks even more beautiful than Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 Pro.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Well deserved.

The PS4 train can't be stopped. I doubt Sony would release a PS5 anytime soon considering how well the PS4 is doing. And one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) game still hasn't released yet; Spider-Man. September can't come soon enough.

BTW, according to reports, God of War runs really well on the base PS4, I'm really happy about this. Considering how rock solid the performance is on the OG PS4 with Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, getting a Pro isn't worth it, yet. I'm probably just going to wait for a PS4 Pro Slim, before upgrading.

I would argue the biggest game coming is The Last of Us 2.

MichealHeitz

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2018
The game itself dosen't strafe away from the reviews given....it is indeed a 10/10 point game.....needless to say the best one ever produced....

Reactions: rotlex
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.