Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshandstacy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
GOG.com offers high quality games (new and old) for PC and now MAC! They offer DRM-Free digital downloads with tons of goodies (soundtracks, manuals, HD wallpapers) and today the just announced Mac Support.

Their game selection is awesome and the prices are right. check them out

www.gog.com

kk1ro

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Seems like another great option for Mac-native games...thanks for the tip!

Although this is awesome, it should be noted that most of the Mac games on GOG.com are the Windows versions running on a DOSbox. They are not the native Mac versions or even native Mac ports.

Still, it's another huge boost for gaming on a Mac! :D

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Although this is awesome, it should be noted that most of the Mac games on GOG.com are the Windows versions running on a DOSbox. They are not the native Mac versions or even native Mac ports.

Still, it's another huge boost for gaming on a Mac! :D

My point being: they run natively on the Mac, right? No need for virtualization/boot camp? If so, this is fine, as long as I don't have to care about editing wrappers or the like.

kk1ro

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
My point being: they run natively on the Mac, right? No need for virtualization/boot camp? If so, this is fine, as long as I don't have to care about editing wrappers or the like.

Oh, sorry! I misinterpreted what you said.
But yeah, not having to rely on Bootcamp, Parallels, etc is always great! I'm already playing Beneath a Steel Sky! :D

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
They have Relentless! That was my favourite game back in the DOS days! :D

... and the sequel, Twinsen's Odyssey, which I wanted but couldn't find. I know what I'll be playing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.