Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Basically android is nice but I don't like to fiddle with phones and I miss face ID, fingerprint is hit or miss.

Best buy got the XS for 309 for the 256 Gig version unlocked, I can sell my FE for at least 330 on swappa tops lol

So I don't lose anything and then save up for a Apple watch and so forth.

How does the XS run? I know it's pretty old but still....

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
It run's perfectly, although the battery won't be nearly as nice as the newer iPhones..

Since we're just starting the year, I would suggest looking for an 11 Pro within your budget. Battery life is vastly improved, cameras, frosted back, triple camera, etc.

I love my XS Max but if you can go one more generation newer it would be the sweet spot IMO

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
That makes better sense and what's funny is that I sold a 11 PM to gamestop for 450 about 8 months ago before going back to android and now the fingerprint got me going back to iphone, I need to do better.

Need to get paid so I don't have to do this lame stuff anymore, too much idle time...

I sold apple pros for 100 bucks, literally throwing money down the toilet...

Now Im back for good and need to rebuy

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
That makes better sense and what's funny is that I sold a 11 PM to gamestop for 450 about 8 months ago before going back to android and now the fingerprint got me going back to iphone, I need to do better.

Need to get paid so I don't have to do this lame stuff anymore, too much idle time...

I sold apple pros for 100 bucks, literally throwing money down the toilet...

Now Im back for good and need to rebuy
LOL yeah.. the conundrum most face is wanting an Apple experience on an Android.. that's never ever going to happen no matter what others tell you.

Just save a little more, get the 11 Pro and maybe get a battery replacement at Apple if you buy it used. Boom boom! You'll be set for a few years and then you can think about what next iPhone or android you want to upgrade to!

Reactions: cuzo

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
LOL yeah.. the conundrum most face is wanting an Apple experience on an Android.. that's never ever going to happen no matter what others tell you.

Just save a little more, get the 11 Pro and maybe get a battery replacement at Apple if you buy it used. Boom boom! You'll be set for a few years and then you can think about what next iPhone or android you want to upgrade to!
Yeah I'll do that for certain, go back slowly...

I use to see a great nike 6 watch refurbished for 150, I'll work my way back up.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Yeah the fingerprint sensor has issues, all android phones eventually...

faceID is basically the best easily...

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Yeah I'll do that for certain, go back slowly...

I use to see a great nike 6 watch refurbished for 150, I'll work my way back up.
tbh, you could also look for a XS Max, you get a bit of a battery boost and nicer larger screen!

frocco

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
I have a pixel 7 and am thinking of trading in to Verizon for 14 Pro, same issues as you. I can only afford device credit, never tried Swappa.

Piscestg

Cancelled
Dec 11, 2022
I never had the XS as I went from a X to 11Pro. But I do want to say welcome back! 👍

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yeah the fingerprint sensor has issues, all android phones eventually...
I'll just say that I own a Pixel 3a XL (my wife too). We've never had any issues with the fingerprint sensor and we got these phones (and still use them) in 2019.

Lest anyone think I (we) are Android shills, our primary phones are the 11 Pro Max. My wife uses her Pixel as a secondary phone and I have my old iPhone 6s+ as a secondary phone. I had the battery replaced on the 6s+ in November 2021. It took six years for that phone to get under 80% of battery health.

Our 11 Pro Maxs' were bought new in February 2021. Couple months to go and they are paid off.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Unfortunately made a similar mistake as you last month.

13 Pro to Pixel 7 Pro to iPhone 13. Lost out on having the Pro model but happy to be back to iOS, obviously lost money in the process so couldn’t justify a 14 Pro or another 13 Pro.

frocco

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
Unfortunately made a similar mistake as you last month.

13 Pro to Pixel 7 Pro to iPhone 13. Lost out on having the Pro model but happy to be back to iOS, obviously lost money in the process so couldn’t justify a 14 Pro or another 13 Pro.
That's a good idea, need to look at the 13. What made you return?

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
That's a good idea, need to look at the 13. What made you return?
Apps sucked on the Pixel compared to iOS, fingerprint is a huge downgrade from faceID, the Pixel kept locking up and being unresponsive where I had to force reboot, touch screen in general seemed less responsive when swiping etc.

I loved the camera and the Pixel was nice in hand though.

frocco

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
Apps sucked on the Pixel compared to iOS, fingerprint is a huge downgrade from faceID, the Pixel kept locking up and being unresponsive where I had to force reboot, touch screen in general seemed less responsive when swiping etc.

I loved the camera and the Pixel was nice in hand though.
Did you sell or trade in? Seems like such a hassle to change again.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Did you sell or trade in? Seems like such a hassle to change again.
Luckily my friend wanted a Pixel 7 Pro so I formatted it and he bought it for close to what I paid. Just couldn’t justify paying for an iPhone Pro model. I’ll happily use this 13 until the 15 Pro comes out.

frocco

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
Luckily my friend wanted a Pixel 7 Pro so I formatted it and he bought it for close to what I paid. Just couldn’t justify paying for an iPhone Pro model. I’ll happily use this 13 until the 15 Pro comes out.
That's good, Verizon will give me 800 in device credit for 36 months, I hate to lock myself in.

Reactions: UltraInstinct
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.