Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
No issues going without a case here. I only used a case when they went with their curved design with the 6 until the 11. Those were too slippery for me to grip. Flat edges? Easy to grip. I have dings and scratches on my 14pm, but they add character. AppleCare+ here.

Reactions: Hele

Omega V

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Not looking for strong protection of my 15PM, need light in weight & thinness case, any suggestions?

Hands down for lightweight and thinness you want Pitaka!

You can buy them on Amazon but if you want their special or limited edition cases you’ll need to buy directly from their website -

I’m using their MagEZ Case 5 in the “Moonlight” color on my 15 Pro Max and I LOVE it.

maverick786us

macrumors regular
May 30, 2012
Columbus, GA
i always want to try it, but every time i reverted back to the case. i'm on IUP so nick and ding don't bother me, it's the slippery and comfort level in my hand that bother me for the previous iPhone without cases. from the release video last week, the titanium has a somewhat matte look to it, and the edges seem not as sharp as the previous pro phones. maybe this time i do go caseless. are anyone else thinking the same?

I would never go caseless for such a premium device. Its vulnerable to dents and scratches, even if you are lucky enough that your device never fell. Keeping it in jeans pocket with keys or coins can cause micro-scratches.

Reactions: danb1979

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I hate using my phone "naked". I do have AC+ so I guess I shouldn't care but I do because I like to look after things I buy. Yeah, part of it comes down to keeping it in good condition for when it comes time to sell/trade it but I am also wanting to keep it in good condition for myself.

First thing I do with any new phone is put a screen protector and case on. Screen protector is an absolute must because it WILL get scratched and I don't want to feel the scratches when using my phone. Also the coating WILL wear down from oils on your fingers.

I paid £1,500 for my phone and yes it has insurance but spending another £20 for 6 screen protectors and a case will pay for itself. For me it already has paid for itself. I am reasonably careful with my phone but I have dropped it or had it slip out my pocket. I dropped my phone and the screen protector did its job and cracked instead of the screen. Swapped out the protector in a couple minutes. AC+ is there to use I know but the best kind of insurance is one you don't need to make a claim. It "only" cost £25 to fix a broken front glass panel but then I need to actually send it away or waste my time going to the Apple Store.

My case is a Spigen Liquid Air. It feels good, not bulky, and it's minimalistic. I can't bring myself to not use a case. There is no benefit to NOT using one except getting to see the frame/back panel. I don't know about anyone else but I spend most of my time looking at the screen of my phone.

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
No way in hell will I go caseless. The MagSafe charger has put an imprint on my case, so it will probably do the same on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. I have seen in the Apple Store many iPhone 15's having imprints from the MagSafe charger.

Also the silicon case gives excellent grip, making sure I never drop it.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
No way in hell will I go caseless. The MagSafe charger has put an imprint on my case, so it will probably do the same on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. I have seen in the Apple Store many iPhone 15's having imprints from the MagSafe charger.

Also the silicon case gives excellent grip, making sure I never drop it.
Wipes off the phone lol

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
My blue titanium 15 Pro has been in and out of a case since I got it in February. The longest naked stretch was a week.

You simply cannot beat the look and feel of a naked iPhone, especially with the new brushed titanium frame and more rounded edges which feel great in hand! I found the sharper edges on the 14P/PM were uncomfortable holding for long periods.

It’s mainly out of the case at home and back into it when I leave the house and surrounded by concrete etc lol

Always have a screen protector on and I’ve found a case I love the look and feel of, which is the Ringke Fusion X.

Attachments

• IMG_4339.jpeg
    IMG_4339.jpeg
    502.3 KB · Views: 42

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2009
I always buy a silicone case when I get a new phone but it only lasts 3 months as I hate how it feels when the oils from your hand build up on it. I then go case less.

My only issue with caseless is the micro scratches on the front of iPhone. Mainly caused by putting my keys in my pocket!

Reactions: maverick786us

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
I always use a protective case with raised edges so that the screen hopefully don't crack when its landing face down. With or without insurance (apple care or 3rd party) doesn't matter, its a case of not having to be without my phone for a longer time and that some data can't be backed up and has to be transfered from the device. If its smashed its always a hassle getting data out.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Been rocking my 15 Pro Max caseless since launch. Only has a Spigen screen protector. The only temptation to put a case is when i'm watching a video and there's no kickstand 😭. The Spigen tough Armor Magsafe is calling me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.