Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Doesn’t seem like a huge upgrade. But, long time ATT customer with 6 active lines. Seems like a great deal to trade in my Xs Max for $700 and pay $500 for the new 12 Pro Max. I think the 12 Pro Max will be worth at lest $500 after 30 months.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Doesn’t seem like a huge upgrade. But, long time ATT customer with 6 active lines. Seems like a great deal to trade in my Xs Max for $700 and pay $500 for the new 12 Pro Max. I think the 12 Pro Max will be worth at lest $500 after 30 months.
I’m also upgrading from a xs max to 12 pro max, to me it’s a decent upgrade, when I had the 12 for 1 day i noticed the speed improvements straight away, the A14 is a beast, apps launch quicker, keyboard felt way more responsive, Qualcomm modem was a big improvement over the intel modem.

Looking forward to using night mode, ultra wide camera, better low light camera, slightly larger screen is a bonus as well, extra 2 gig ram, no more finger prints on the back of the phone thanks to the matte finish.

Glad they went back to the iPhone 4 design.

The 12 series is a decent upgrade for anyone upgrading from a xs and lower.

Can’t wait to get mine.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
I am in the same boat as you, debating whether to upgrade to the 12 pro max. I ultimately decided to wait until next year, since the 12 pro max isn't a huge difference (except in cameras but not a good enough decision for me). I don't want to be stuck in a 30-month commitment because I wanted the newest phone, I rather wait for 120hz and notch reduction.

johnnylarue

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2013
I’m also upgrading from a xs max to 12 pro max, to me it’s a decent upgrade, when I had the 12 for 1 day i noticed the speed improvements straight away, the A14 is a beast, apps launch quicker, keyboard felt way more responsive, Qualcomm modem was a big improvement over the intel modem.

Looking forward to using night mode, ultra wide camera, better low light camera, slightly larger screen is a bonus as well, extra 2 gig ram, no more finger prints on the back of the phone thanks to the matte finish.

Glad they went back to the iPhone 4 design.

The 12 series is a decent upgrade for anyone upgrading from a xs and lower.

Can’t wait to get mine.
I have a feeling the camera on the Max is gonna be special, and just the addition of Night Mode will be pretty noticeable to you coming from the XS. If I could rock a giant phone, that would be a no-brainer upgrade for me.

But I’ve done the exercises, cardboard mockup and all, and I. Just. Can’t. The 12PM is a beast.

Reactions: LFC2020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.