Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WinSoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
Apple Store reset my iPhone back to factory settings last week.

I am going on holiday tomorrow for ten days.

Will my iPhone continue to learn my usual location and charging patterns when I get back home, or will I need to reset the device and start over in order for battery optimised charging to work?

Thank you.

Reactions: jazz1

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
If you reset your phone it probably will need to relearn the location and charging patterns when you get back home. My 15 PM I got in January took some time to learn before it began optimised charging and when I went to Athens, Greece for a week it started optimised charging after a few days there as well. Although to be sure I have been there often and saved some locations.

Reactions: WinSoft

WinSoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
If you reset your phone it probably will need to relearn the location and charging patterns when you get back home. My 15 PM I got in January took some time to learn before it began optimised charging and when I went to Athens, Greece for a week it started optimised charging after a few days there as well. Although to be sure I have been there often and saved some locations.
Okay thank you. I’m going to Athens as it happens!

So it’s not had a chance to learn my routine at my home yet. Will going away affect this apart from delaying the process?

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Okay thank you. I’m going to Athens as it happens!

So it’s not had a chance to learn my routine at my home yet. Will going away affect this apart from delaying the process?
No I shouldn't think so, how long will you be there? Also do you have "significant locations" turned on? That is quite important.

Reactions: WinSoft

WinSoft

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2024
No I shouldn't think so, how long will you be there? Also do you have "significant locations" turned on? That is quite important.
Yes I do. I’m going on a cruise around Greece for ten days. I presume it will learn it when I get back as people must buy iPhones or reset them & then go away before optimised charging has learnt your home location? It would be like moving house surely?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.